International Organic Moringa.
We are Organic certified as an International Organic Moringa company according to the European, USDA and JAS Organic Standard.
Baca-Villa is a socially responsible company in Organic plant nursery through its own organic certified farms in Cambodia.
Organic certification what does it says? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organic_certification
Certified Organic means that a food product has been grown and made without the use of GMOs or nanotechnology, artificial preservatives, and colors, synthetic chemicals, herbicides, pesticides, fertilizers, sewage sludge or irradiation. But it’s much more than that, it also about:
- Improving soil health and promoting essential soil micro-biology
- Rotating crops to balance nutrients in the soil, no mono-cropping
- Using plough-down crops to add nitrogen & organic matter to the soil to suppress weeds and reduce drought and soil erosion
- Promoting wildlife diversity
- Keeping detailed records which provide the means for complete food traceability from field to plate
- Humane treatment and handling of animals including outdoor access
- Using beneficial insects or mechanical methods to control weeds & pests
Organic certification is validated annually by an on-site, independent third-party quality assurance system that audits a detailed paper trail listing farmers, processors, transporters and wholesalers that may have handled any part of the organic product. The processes and systems within each business are also verified to ensure they adhere to specific organic standards that are regulated by the government.
The Institute of Standards of Cambodia (ISC) and the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) have now teamed up to assist Cambodian enterprises to obtain ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and HACCP certification.
The Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) system is a food safety management system that concentrates on the prevention of hazards and their risks from occurring at specific points in the food chain. The HACCP approach easily integrates into the Total Quality Management or ISO 9001 system. In the USA about 38 states are using HACCP as part of their regulatory process and the EU has also introduced HACCP as a mandatory standard.